From 1st February until the 28th 11-21 year olds are invited to contribute lines to the continuous story using Facebook and Twitter, which will be pieced together day by day using suggestions received online.
The story will eventually be published in an anthology alongside the winning entries from our Celebration of Young Writing competition. The hardback anthology and eBook, which are to be launched at a showcase event on the 16th June at The Lights theatre in Andover.
The continuous story will be published as it develops on the Test Valley Arts Foundation website here: http://www.testvalleyarts.org/continuous-story.html
We’ll also be sure to publish it on Facebook and Twitter. Then it’s over to you to suggest where the story goes from there. You can do this by commenting on our posts, posting directly on our wall, or by tweeting us.
- Entries must be no less than 65 words
- Entries must be submitted by midnight each day
- The winning entry will be published by midday on the following day
You can like and share your favourite suggestions and nominate your friends if you think they can do better. On twitter we will also be using the hashtag #CanYouDoBetter
The Test Valley Arts Foundation website, Facebook and twitter pages are there for you and other young writers just like you. We want these pages to be a safe, friendly and welcoming place for all, so we have a few ‘play nicely’ rules which must be adhered to at all times. Please note that we reserve the right to take down any interaction that breaks the rules or is unsympathetic to the spirit of the Test Valley Arts and Celebrate Youth Writing pages.
1) Flaming will not be tolerated – no idea is a bad idea!
2) Please don’t post any personal details such as telephone numbers, addresses or bank details. If you aren't sure about your post, send us a message via the site. We want to keep you safe.
3) When you post, you agree not to post anything that is defamatory, discriminatory, racist, obscene, offensive, abusive, threatening, in breach of any copyright or in any way unlawful or objectionable.
4) You can’t use our pages to troll, post spam or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise. Please don’t use language that is likely to offend. We will delete these posts.
5) If you are an employee or you are affiliated with Test Valley Arts Foundation, Be Wiser Insurance, Bees Nest Books or CatsWritingRoom in any way, please remember you are not authorised to speak on behalf of these companies on these pages.
6) If you insist on being mean we may ban or report anyone who does not follow the above rules.
If you have any questions, or if you are not sure if your writing is what we want, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join in on Facebook
Join in on Twitter