Now, under the new leadership of Yinnon Ezra MBE, the Foundation has an ambitious manifesto for the future. It is seeking the views of local communities and is looking for someone to assist in converting these ideas into tangible projects funded by both public and private sectors.
At a recent Board meeting, the Trustees agreed to build art and business partnerships to generate a sustainable future and to go ahead with a number of exciting manifesto proposals.
Amongst these are:
- A Summer Holiday project for young people aged 11 to 16 involving performing Arts. The plan is to rehearse and perform a piece of original contemporary theatre at the Lights in Andover. The final performance will include elements that have been previously filmed as well as live sections.
- A project to celebrate Andover’s creative writing talent ‘A Celebration of Young Writing’, open to all young people. Entries will be published in an e-anthology and book, with excerpts in local newspapers, broadcast on local radio stations and on e-news sites.
- A proposal to commission a local artist to create outside works of art and also a proposal to exhibit artworks from the County Collection and Southampton Art Gallery inside new hotel premises in Andover. TVAF will also explore new partnership opportunities with Andover Museum and the Rum’s Eg Gallery in Romsey.
- At the end of May, TVAF will unveil a permanent Jubilee Portrait sculpture created by a local artist inside Romsey Library to mark the Diamond Jubilee of Her Majesty the Queen.
- During August, TVAF will participate in Hampshire Open Studios exhibiting works created by resident Chapel Arts Studios artists.
- In September, TVAF is planning to move into the Pop-Up Shop at 91 High Street Andover. This will provide further opportunities for local artists and the general public to participate in various arts activities.
- In addition, Sir George Young MP has asked TVAF to organise a Christmas card competition involving the ten schools that TVAF has outreach project connections with. The winning design will be the one used by Sir George for his last Christmas card as an MP for North West Hampshire.
- And TVAF grant award schemes continue. Three awards were recently approved, all going to the Romsey area. These are a grant of £250 in support of the Romsey Beggars Fair to take place on Saturday 12th July, a grant of £300 to Transition Town Romsey working with a local environmental artist to create a participatory art event for Romsey Festival 2014, and a cash prize of £250 for the best entry from Test Valley at the Best of Hampshire Artists exhibition at the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens during July.
For further information about Test Valley Arts Foundation or any of the projects mentioned please contact the Development Officer on 01264 738083 or email email@example.com.